This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, do not use our website. We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time. You should therefore check periodically for changes. By using this site after we post any changes, you agree to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them.
- All materials on this site are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws and are the property of Kate Knowler of 14 Branscombe Street, SE13 7AY. Unless stated otherwise, you may access and download the materials located on http://www.the-london-nutritionist.co.uk/ only for personal, non-commercial use.
- Visitors who use this website and rely on any information do so at their own risk.
- We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of any other websites to which we provide a link and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with us you agree to grant us, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we want (including modifying or deleting it). In order that we can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK or US laws and that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
- You must not use our website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. We accept no responsibility for any loss or harm incurred.
- We do not warrant that functions available on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the server that makes it available is free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- The laws of England and Wales shall govern your use of the site and you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, Kate Knowler, its officers, employees, contractors or content providers shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from or otherwise in connection with your use of http://www.the-london-nutritionist.co.uk/ or any information, services or content on http://www.the-london-nutritionist.co.uk/.
Kate Knowler Nutrition holds some information about you. This document outlines how that information is used, who we may share that information with and how we keep it secure. This notice does not provide exhaustive detail. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in May 2018.
12.1 What We Do
Kate Knowler Nutrition provides nutritional therapy services to clients to improve their health through diet and lifestyle interventions. We focus on preventative healthcare, the optimisation of physical and mental health and chronic health conditions. Through nutritional therapy consultations, dietary and lifestyle analysis and biochemical testing, we aim to understand the underlying causes of your health issues which we will seek to address through personalised dietary therapy, nutraceutical prescription (supplements) and lifestyle advice.
12.2 How We Obtain Your Personal Data
12.2.1 Information provided by you
You provide us with personal data in the following ways:
– By completing a nutritional therapy questionnaire
– By signing a terms of engagement form
– During a nutritional therapy consultation
– Through email, over the telephone or by post.
This may include the following information:
– Basic details such as name, address, contact details and next of kin
– Details of contact we have had with you such as referrals and appointment requests
– Health information including your previous medical history, dietary, lifestyle, supplement and medicine details, biochemical test results, clinic notes and health improvement plans
– GP contact information.
We use this information in order to provide you with direct healthcare. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
Following completion of your last consultation we retain your personal data for the period defined by our professional association, the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT) and registrant body, the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). This enables us to process any further queries you may have. In this case the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for contract administration.
12.2.2 Information we get from other sources
We may obtain sensitive medical information in the form of test results from biochemical testing companies. We use this information in order to provide you with direct healthcare. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
We may obtain sensitive information from other healthcare providers. The provision of this information is subject to you giving us your express consent. If we do not receive this consent from you, we will not be able to coordinate your healthcare with that provided by other providers, which means the healthcare provided by us may be less effective.
12.3 How we use your personal data
We act as a data controller for use of your personal data to provide direct healthcare. We also act as a controller and processor in regard to the processing of your data from third parties such as testing companies and other healthcare providers.
We undertake at all times to protect your personal data, including any health and contact details, in a manner which is consistent with our duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect how your personal data is stored.
We may use your personal data where there is an overriding public interest in using the information e.g. in order to safeguard an individual, or to prevent a serious crime. Also where there is a legal requirement such as a formal court order. We may use your data for marketing purposes such as newsletters but this would be subject to you giving us your express consent.
12.4 Do you share my information with other organisations?
We will keep information about you confidential. We will only disclose your information with other third parties with your express consent with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
-Our registrant body, CNHC, and our professional association, BANT, for the processing of a complaint made by you
– Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential
– Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we have with you
– Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request (eg, CNHC) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
We will seek your express consent before sharing your information with your GP or other healthcare providers. However if we believe that your life is in danger then we may pass your information onto an appropriate authority (such as the police, social services in the case of a child or vulnerable adult, or GP in case of self-harm) using the legal basis of vital interests.
We may share your case history in an anonymised form with our peers for the purpose of professional development. This may be at clinical supervision meetings, conferences, online forums, and through publishing in medical journals, trade magazines or online professional sites. We will seek your explicit consent before processing your data in this way.
12.5 What are your rights?
Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete or have a copy, of data held that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data.
If you want to access your data, you must make a subject access request in writing to email@example.com. Under special circumstances, some information may be withheld. We shall respond within 20 working days from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. Our response will include the details of the personal data we hold on you including:
– Sources from which we acquired the information
– The purposes of processing the information
– Persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information
You have the right, subject to exemptions, to ask to:
– Have your information deleted
– Have your information corrected or updated where it is no longer accurate
– Ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law or in accordance with the BANT and CNHC guidelines.
– Receive a copy of your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
– Object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you
We do not carry out any automated processing, which may lead to automated decision based on your personal data.
If you would like to invoke any of the above rights then please write to the Data Controller at Kate Knowler Nutrition, 16 Devonshire Row, London, EC2M 4RH, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12.6 What safeguards are in place to ensure data that identifies me is secure?
We only use information that may identify you in accordance with GDPR. This requires us to process personal data only if there is a legitimate basis for doing so and that any processing must be fair and lawful.
Within the health sector, we also have to follow the common law duty of confidence, which means that where identifiable information about you has been given in confidence, it should be treated as confidential and only shared for the purpose of providing direct healthcare. We will protect your information, inform you of how your information will be used, and allow you to decide if and how your information can be shared.
We also ensure the information we hold is kept in secure locations, restrict access to information to authorised personnel only, protect personal and confidential information held on equipment such as laptops with encryption (which masks data so that unauthorised users cannot see or make sense of it). We ensure external data processors that support us are legally and contractually bound to operate and prove security arrangements are in place where data that could or does identify a person are processed.
Kate Knowler Nutrition is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller and collects data for a variety of purposes. A copy of the registration is available through the ICO website (search by business name).
12.7 How long do you hold confidential information for?
All records held by Kate Knowler Nutrition will be kept for the duration specified by guidance from our professional association BANT.
12.8 Website technical details
The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data then please contact us by writing to the Data Controller at Kate Knowler Nutrition, 16 Devonshire Row, London, EC2M 4RH or email email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), you can contact them on 01625 545745 or 0303 1231113.